Thank you so much, Lita, for tagging me! Sorry, this is a little late but better late than never!
- Link back to the creator, which is Annie
- Provide a link to the person who tagged you.
- Answer all questions honestly
- Come up with 5 questions of your own. (4 have to be about peer pressure; 1 can be random and about whatever)
- Tag at least 10 people and provide links to their blogs. Please no “you!”
- Recommend at least 5 books or songs you see everywhere/are very popular that you’ve read or listened to.
- Use the hashtag #peer pressure tag for easier visibility
1. Have you stuck to your original intentions for your blog or has peer pressure steered you away from that?
To be honest, my original intention was to pass a digital writing module in my Practical Journalism course. That was were Nerd Rambles came from. However, I ended up really enjoying running this blog and decided to just keep going.
That was back in 2014, but I started blogging consistently in 2016.
Now I run this blog for personal fulfilment and fun. In a way, peer pressure kind of did steer me away since it was when I joined OWLs I felt like my blog now had a greater purpose being a part of such a wonderful community.
2. What is a popular trend you followed others doing in the anime blogging community, episode reviews, youtube etc and did it work out for you? What was your experience with it all?
I haven’t jumped on any trends on Nerd Rambles. However, I have tried Twitch streaming a while back and considered making a YouTube channel.
I felt so uncomfortable streaming and the highest view count I got was 17 or something. I gave up on it pretty quickly, I am glad I made it so no videos were saved when the stream ended. Because, in hindsight, they were unadulterated cringe.
I keep entertaining the YouTube idea every now and then but I will never do it.
3. What things surrounded on peer pressure would you like to see people just stop doing for their own sake?
It isn’t really due to active peer pressure. However, people really should stop comparing themselves to others.
It is a really unhealthy mindset to have. Worrying that your content isn’t as good as others, or that you are behind in some way. Which is ridiculous since no one is in a race! Yet this invisible pressure pops up every now and then. Folk need to be aware of this and make sure they don’t fall down that rabbit hole.
4. Do you believe peer pressure is just apart of the cycle of blogging and we have to go through it to find that ‘balance’ for ourselves? For taking on a hobby like blogging?
I feel like that sentiment can apply to life in general.
However, I haven’t had enough experience with direct peer pressure from the blogging community so I don’t know if I can comment.
5. Which character is on your hotness radar currently and wouldn’t mind being going on a date with?
Like most folk online these days, I have a thing for Lady Dimitrescu. Can you blame me? I don’t think it would be a proper date, more like the first episode of Tokyo Ghoul.
- Have you felt any pressure in regards to peers doing better than you? How have you addressed this?
- Have you felt peer pressure to change anything in regards to your blog? such as content, layout etc.
- Do you think peer pressure is always negative? Why or why not?
- Do you ever feel pressured to write about something that otherwise you would not?
Popular Book Recommendations.
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski
The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers
The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern
The Secret History by Donna Tartt
ohhh I’m so happy to see you did this Megan. I loved reading your answers it was great insight !! Hope you are well!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’m doing a little better, thank you for asking!